You should not be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive this service.
For best results, it is advised to avoid sun exposure and the following products & procedures at least 1 week prior your treatment:
· Depilatory creams
· Laser hair removal
· Any exfoliating products
· Any products that may be drying or irritating, including products containing salicylic acid, alpha
hydroxy acids, vitamin c, hydroquinone, retinoids, and prescription medications.
· Shaving of the area to be treated
· For two days post procedure:
· Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
· Do not put treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
· Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
· Do not go swimming.
· Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
· Do not use loofahs or other means of exfoliation.
· Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
· Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
After receiving a chemical peel, the skin may look and feel like a mild windburn for the next 2 or 3 days.
After 48 hours, a slight flaking may occur for 3 to 5 days which can easily be controlled with
It is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to
stabilize and rest overnight.
To minimize side effects and maximize results, use the post procedure solution for 3 to 5 days or until
flaking has resolved.
Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day but can be applied more frequently for hydration and
to decrease the appearance of flaking.
Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. An SPF of at least 30 must be used daily.
Do not go to a tanning bed for at least two weeks post procedure. This practice should be discontinued
due to increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
Do not pick or pull on any loosening skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
Do not have any other facial treatment for at least one week after your peel. You may resume the
regular use of retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acid, beta hydroxy acid, vitamin c or bleaching creams ONLY
after peeling process is complete.