If your skin isn’t looking or feeling it’s best right now, there could be some everyday things you’re doing that are causing your skin to age faster than you want it to. Being aware of these five common culprits can add years back to your skin and give you that glow back.
- Stress: many experts believe this is the number one cause of pre-aging to the skin. The fine lines around your face, are caused by stress, which is why they are called worry lines. You can deal with stress in many ways, but try things like: massage therapy, essential oils, epsom salt baths, reading, etc. Whatever you need to do to decompress.
- Lack of sleep: in order for your skin cells to fully rejuvenate overnight, you need to be getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night. If that doesn’t sound like you, try putting yourself on a sleep schedule, after a few nights you should be on a proper regime.
- Bad diet: fatty foods aren’t just bad for your waistline, they damage your skin too. Healthy skin starts from the inside, so make sure you’re not shorting yourself on vitamins and nutrients and be sure to drink lots of water every day. Your skin is 80 per cent water, so keep yourself hydrated.
- Lacking sun protection: UV rays are highly damaging to your skin and will cause it to age faster. No matter what season it is, be sure to have SPF protection, especially on your face, which is exposed all year-round.
- Using damaging products: skincare products with harsh chemicals will damage your skin over time and actually strip it of valuable particles. Try to use skincare products that are organic, and wash your face with mild soap rather than harsh cleansers.
If you want to learn how to reverse the signs of aging skin that have already appeared, find out about the treatments and services we offer, and as always we can answer any questions you may have.